Zora: Come on Jim try and stretch lower.
來吧,吉姆,試著伸展得更低一些。
Jim: It hurts if I go any lower .
更低的話會痛。
Zora: It will hurt a lot more if you can't stretch and touch your toes. Stretching is extremely important before you start running.
做伸展時如果不能摸到腳指頭,之後會更痛。開始跑步之前,伸展是極為重要的。
Jim: Oh no. My back is aching, I think I broke it.
喔,不好了。 我的背在痛,我可能傷到了。
Zora: Stop moaning and follow me. This is an important yoga position to help stretch your hips. When we've done this we can start jogging. Hey you're good at this.
別發牢騷了,跟著我做。 這是一個重要的瑜伽姿勢,有助伸展臀部。做完之後就可以開始慢跑。嘿,你做得很好。
Jim: Thanks, this yoga is fun. So can we start the run now?
謝謝,這個瑜伽很有趣。 我們現在可以開始跑了嗎?
Zora: Sure let's go. Lift your legs higher, we should be running not strolling.
當然,我們走吧。 把雙腿抬高一點,我們在跑步,不是散步。
Jim: I'm doing my best. We've already crossed the park. Can we finish soon?
我全力以赴,我們已經穿越公園了,快結束了嗎?
Zora: Ha, ha, that was 1 kilometer; there are another 41 kilometers in a full marathon!
哈哈,那只有1公里,全程馬拉松還有41公里。
Jim: I'll never make it. I think I prefer swimming.
我絕對辦不到,我想我還是比較喜歡游泳。
Zora: In the swimming pool you always say that you are much better at running than swimming.
在泳池裡你總說比起游泳,你還比較擅長跑步呢!
Jim: Well, I was better when I was at school.
嗯,我學生時期跑得比較好。
Zora: So, show me. I'll race you to the next tree.
那麼,跑給我看吧,我們比賽跑到下一棵樹的地方。
Jim: Okay, then can we take a break?
好吧,到時候我們可以休息一下嗎?
Zora: No, you promised me you would run 10 k with me today.
不行,你答應今天要跟我一起跑十公里的。
Jim: I must have been drunk.
我之前一定是喝醉了。
Zora: Drunk or not, a promise is a promise.
不管有沒有喝醉,承諾就是承諾。
Jim: I promise you one thing, I'm never going to make you another promise!
我答應你一件事,我絕不再對你做出承諾了!
Zora: You just did.
你剛剛就這麼做了。
stretch
伸展
lower
低一些
extremely
非常地
strolling
緩步走
promise
答應/承諾